Sunday, October 19, 2008

I recently discovered that the left side spark plug boot was loose. Well, the plug wire actually goes inside the ignition coil, so I feel like it's a matter of buying a whole new coil. I do have a spare coil I got with a box of stuff on eBay, but it has the exact same plug boot problem...oops.

I think I figured it out though - I pulled off the left side float bowl and turn the gas back on to see it just dripping out of the carb, not pouring out like it should. The fuel line going to the right carb is more twisted than the one going to the left, so if the left carb is barely getting any gas, I'm assuming the right carb is getting almost none. That's why the bike would run great after sitting for a while, but after a couple minutes of riding the right side would run out of fuel. The spark plug was dry, telling me that it just wasn't getting any gas, so I just really need to clean and seal the gas tank.

On a side note, I pulled both plugs while working on this any they were both a beautiful tan color, I think the CL200 jets helped. I think the issue that was causing a loss of power in the high RPMs is that the choke was sliiightly on, so it would go a tad rich up top. With the choke fully off, it pulls smoothly up to the redline.

I'm still waiting for a title at this point. I believe to get a bonded title I have to give them 1.5 times the value of the vehicle for a few years and then get it back, or I can just pay my insurance company $75 and they'll cover it all.

Speaking of insurance, my car insurance is through Progressive. The quote my agent gave me for just liability was $141/year. Online, I got $99 from Geico and $75 from Esurance. I think I'll just end up going with Esurance.

No comments: